There are a number of conditions that directly affect the human scalp causing hair loss problems, dry or flaking scalp, itching, and lesions. Whatever be the problem, hair disorder patients often find themselves indulged in a state of emotional distress. This further leads to other health hazards, therefore, much attention is required to maintain the health of the hair. Many people get immediate help from chemical based medicines but the after effects of non-herbal products are well known. Herbal products like hair loss treatment products, hair care products are regarded as the most effective solution especially for hair related problems. They are easy to apply and take complete care of the scalp and hair. Here we have listed some of the most common hair problems that people are concerned about.
It is widely believed that dandruff is caused by dry scalp but the shedding of skin cells from the scalp at an excessive rate is known as dandruff. It is common for skin cells to die and flake off, a small amount of flaking is normal.
- Dandruff can be a symptom of seborrheic dermatitis, a fungal infection, or even head lice.
- Dandruff is seasonal and very severe during winter and mildest during the summer.
- The most common symptoms of dandruff are scaling and itching which is occasionally present.
- Dandruff scales usually occur as small round, white to gray patches on the scalp.
Hair Falling & Thinning of Hair
Thinning hair and hair loss is a very discouraging and depressing condition amongst both the men and women. Huge amount of money is wasted each year on thinning preventing hair products and vitamins for thinning hair. It is a fact that each day certain number of hair are lost which are dead. These hairs are shed only when the replacement are on the way. Clinically, 100 strands of hair fall every day and it is normal. However, a person may start to lose more hairs than usual.
- Generally, loss of 70 to 100 hair a day is considered normal.
- One of the most common thinning of hair causes are aging coupled with hereditary problems.
- Another common cause of hair loss and thinning is hormones.
- Protein, zinc and iron are very essential for healthy hair.
Male Pattern Baldness
This is characterized by hair receding from the lateral sides of the forehead which is known as receding hairline. An additional bald-patch may develop on top of the head. the main trigger for this type of baldness is DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), a powerful sex hormone that adversely affects the hair. In genetically prone scalp, DHT initiates the process of progressive decreasing of the shaft of hair until scalp hair resembles fragile vellus hair or else become non-existent. Onset of hairloss sometimes begins as early as the end of puberty.
- Male pattern baldness is characterized by a receding hairline and loss of hair on top of the scalp.
- An additional bald- patch may develop on top of the head.
- Onset of hair loss sometimes begins as early as the end of puberty.
- This is not a life threatening problem or causes harm on the general health, but it is definitely an alarming one to men.
Irritation & Itching of the Scalp
Itching of the scalp can be very annoying and also causes public embarrassment. Ruling the lice out, the cause may be local. It can be allergic, lack of blood circulation to the scalp or low in flow of nutrients to the scalp, lack of cleanliness of the scalp, hard water are some of the common causes for scalp itching.
- Lice- tiny wingless insects, cause itching and raw patches on the scalp.
- Scratching can cause raw, irritated skin and sometimes skin infection.
This is also known as ‘Alopecia Areata’ in which there is a patchy loss of hair that usually begins on the scalp. If all hair on the scalp is lost, the condition is called ‘Alopecia Totalis’. If there is complete, or virtually complete loss of body hair, then the disorder is ‘Alopecia Universalis’. Alopecia Areata is not particularly rare. One person in every thousand can suffer from it, at some time in their lives.
- This condition affects about 0.1 % of the general population.
- Appears suddenly as one to three bald patches.
- There are usually no symptoms and the person may be unaware of the hair loss.
- The patches may be white, smooth and completely bald.
- There may be black dots representing broken-off hair stumps.
If you are suffering from any of the above conditions, contact your doctor or contact us to learn how KitiKiti products can help you.